Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Retailing

Dunkin Donuts is all about making sure their consumers are happy with their products and/or getting them to buy and/or try new products. I am a regular customer at Dunkin Donuts so the employees there practically know me at a specific location. As soon as I walked in there was a big poster on the wall advertising their new product “cake bites”. The employees know my usual purchase but they always try to persuade me in purchasing something new.  8 times out of 10 it works. They make the new products sound so delicious and looking at the advertisements all around you cannot help but to purchase it to see if it is too your liking. That to me is good retailing because this employee could just give me my usual and let me be on my way. However, I am informed and kept up to date of the latest products which lead me to spread the word to my peers about it. This would, in result, make Dunkin Donuts a destination store because I plan to go there at a minimum of 2 times in a week and I am sure many others do the same. This franchise is established in a way where you just have to go in and buy something. Dunkin Donuts atmosphere is very homey in my opinion. Their layout pulls you in and not to mention the smells of coffee, fresh donuts and bagels cooking. This retail strategy is a perfect way to get consumers to buy their products. Overall visit was to go in there, get my tea, and leave. However, I left with two cake bites and a mint hot chocolate. Their product offering skills really pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment